Saturday, January 21, 2012

Untwisting and Rightly Dividing


Oh how my understanding use to be so mixed up.

Scripture use to seem so contradictory in many places. I figured it must be something I just don't see. But I would still profess those things that didn't make sense to me.
I am so grateful that Father Yahweh has helped me see that NONE of His words are contrary to another in any way. It all falls in place when given eyes to see and when His words are rightly divided.
Here's one example of my past twisted thinking as I accepted how it was taught to me:
I use to think the "loving God and your neighbor" commandments was some NEW THING and only came about in the latter part of scripture. But it wasn't anything new. Even Yahshua/Jesus said:
2Jn_1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

Maybe it was unheard of to some of the ones He was speaking to but it has been the instructions of Yahweh all along.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deu 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deu 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
...
Lev_19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

And even still, when you read these proclamations in the latter part of scripture, why ASSume He is implying that you can disregard all others? It is impossible to disregard or throwout all other commandments if one desires to adhere to these two. For it is in doing ALL those OTHER commandments that these two are fulfilled. Hence the words: On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Mat 22:40)
I'm still learning. Untwisting and rightly dividing what He instructed from the very beginning. What an awesome journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment